Crockpot Beef Barbacoa Tacos


Crock Pot Barbacoa Tacos For The Busy Baseball Parent

By Magyn Gooch





The minute that Spring Break hit the first thought that ran through my head was "How am I going to catch up on my chores?" You see, and I am praying that I am not the only one here, during baseball season my laundry doubles and piles itself into pitcher mound size piles, my lawn looks a little more like a weed pit than a patch of grass, and I struggle with a diet comprised primarily of deep fat fried onion rings. So naturally the second thought that popped into my head was, "How can I prep dinners so that I can feed my brood?" 

My third thought was, "Can two kids technically count as a brood?" I digress... 

You see, I am banking on the fact that you are also struggling with time and chore management. In fact, I know that you are because we play for the same busy league. :) If you are not, then I say we induct you into the official Baseball Parent Hall of Fame, which comes with an opportunity to join the Board of Directors as official Blog Manager. :) You can then share the dark magic you use to pair socks and present perfectly balanced meals... 

For the rest of us, here is a delectable dinner to put into your freezer to store away for those busy baseball filled nights...

Crock Pot Beef Barbacoa Tacos
Feeds 4-6 People

2-3 lbs of Beef Chuck Roast
1 Tblsp Cumin
1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
1 Tblsp Dried Oregano
1-2 Tsp Chili Powder
2 Tblsp Garlic- Minced
1 Can of diced green chilies OR 1/4 Cup Chipotle Peppers in Adobo
2 Cups of Salsa ( I prefer Organic Jack's from Costco)
1 Tsp Kosher Salt
1 Tsp Black Pepper
2 Limes -Juiced

Taco Fixin's:
Corn or Flour Tortillas (whatever floats your boat)
Minced Onion
Cilantro Leaves
Lime Wedges


Directions:
Put it all in a crock pot and let it cook on low for 8-12 hours or until it is easily shredded with a fork. 

To freeze this meal for later just put all ingredients into a freezer bag and put it in the freezer! Just be sure to thaw before placing it into your crock pot. 

Then put it all into a tortilla, serve, eat, love, and comment on how much you liked it. :)




Comments

Popular Posts